The Coast is seeking a Promotion and Events Manager to join our team.
This job is about making Halifax more fun. The Promotions and Events Manager will work closely with the Publisher to develop, plan and execute existing and new revenue generating events and promotions.
This includes targeting clients for event and contest sponsorship, writing and creating promotional material, managing event processes, coordinating meetings, preparing, monitoring and distributing event budgets. Responds to enquiries from the public about events, including assisting with media requests and PR pieces. You will manage all ticketing for events and handle coordination of ticket sales via tickethalifax.com.
• Facilitate execution and planning for major promotions/events. Event platform includes but is not limited to:
Halifax Dough Ball
Halifax Burger Week
Smart Phone Film Festival
Halifax Food Truck Parties
Halifax Oyster Festival
Best of Halifax Awards Party
Buy Local Pledge
• Promote, grow, track and manage Ticket Halifax. Ticket Halifax is The Coast’s online ticketing portal and strives to be the go-to ticketing portal for all local and Nova Scotia festivals, performances, events and fundraisers.
• Continuous brainstorming, suggesting and devising of creative ideas for contesting, promotions and events that generate revenue and drive engagement.
• Create and foster local marketing partnerships with venues, media companies and other organizations.
• Hire and manage promotions part-time event staff and interns.
• Manage the promotions budget.
• Participate at promotional events as necessary, including set-up and breakdown of promotional equipment and materials.
• Social media coordinator, responsible for The Coast’s social media presence, including all promotional, Best Ofs, contesting, and events. Ensure accounts are updated on a daily basis and that messaging is timely and accurate.
• Track social media trends and followers. Participate in developing internal goals to grow engaged social media communities. Create social media wrap sheets following event and promotional campaigns for clients.
• Manage and grow Coast newsletter email lists
• Help develop, co-sell, facilitate and manage digital promotions with the sales department.
• Manage weekly promotional contests and campaigns. Respond to emails, pick and contact winners. Distribute promotional tickets, handle draws, contact winners.
• Naturally organized and have aptitude of managing and leading multiple projects at one time. Time management an absolute over-riding MUST.
• BA in Communications/Marketing preferred, marketing, promotions or advertising experience accepted.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing or related field, preferably in Halifax. (i.e. promotions, event planning, project management).
• Working knowledge of social media and on-line trends, including mobile applications of content.
• Proficient in all Mac programs. Technology comes easy to you.
• Collaborator. Sense of humour helps. Not camera shy.
• Vehicle or vehicle access required.
If interested send us your resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is March 15th, 2017, 5pm.
We appreciate everyone’s interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.