In-Flight Safety have joined Cousins, Duzheknew and Long Long Long as part of the Halifax contingent headed to SXSW in mid-March. They've folded the Austin dates into a mega-tour through Europe that ends April 15 back in Charlottetown. As the cherry on the fun-cake, the band has signed with the UK label Conehead. Well good on you, boyees! The band plays the Paragon on March 4.
Below, in no particular order, my favorite photo of the band (by Jule Malet-Veale) a photo of some tacos, and a recipe for fish tacos that someone sent me on the weekend. You're welcome.
1/4 cup fresh lime juice, (juice of 2 limes)
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp cumin powder
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp oregano
1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
1 1/2 pounds halibut steaks, (four steaks)
4 flour tortillas, 10-inch diameter)
2 cups black beans, canned, or made from scratch
1 cup salsa
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
16 oz. sour cream
1) In a large zip-lock plastic bag or dish with cover, combine lime juice, oil, cumin, chili powder, oregano and pepper; stir well. Add fish to lime marinade and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2) Prepare grill (medium-high heat) and oil the rack so fish will not stick. Place fish on the hot grill and cook 4—5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when teated with a fork.
3) While fish is cooking, wrap tortillas in foil and place on grill to heat.
4) Place black beans in a microwave-safe dish, cover and heat in the microwave.
5) When fish is done, place it in a dish and flake with a fork. Assemble tacos by spooning beans into the center of each tortilla, add flaked halibut and top with cheese and salsa.
6) Broiler option: Preheat oven broiler, coat broiler pan with vegetable oil spray and broil fish 4—5 minutes per side.
END RESULT EQUALS FUCKING YUMMY!