Pin It
Favourite

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Fire watch

Posted By on Thu, May 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM

The uncertainty's over: The fire in the former City Pizza/Topcutsspace (5688 Spring Garden) was caused by "an electrical malfunction in what is called branch-circuit wiring, which is simple electrical wiring that was located in a concealed space between the second and third floor," says Dave Meldrum,public information officer for Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service. No word yet on whether City Pizzawill be staying put and renovating, or packing up and moving. But, on a happier note, Topcutshas found a new home already. Look for them to re-open in the Dresden Row Market in the City Centre Atlantic(on the Birmingham Street side of the building) on May 15, in the former home of MortimerStore.com.

Survey Asks

What do you want more of next year in The Coast?

  • Court coverage
  • Local athletics
  • Provincial politics
  • Science and research
  • Hastily conceived polls

View Results

Comments

Subscribe to this thread:

Add a comment

Remember, it's entirely possible to disagree without spiralling into a thread of negativity and personal attacks. We have the right to remove (and you have the right to report) any comments that go against our policy.

Coast Top Ten

Opinionated

More »

Reality Bites

More »

Shoptalk

More »

In Print This Week

Vol 25, No 29
December 14, 2017

Cover Gallery »


Real Time Web Analytics

© 2017 Coast Publishing Ltd.